Administrative Assistant, Video Production
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
This position reports to the SVP of Video Production. This position provides administrative support and is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the video production. This individual serves as a liaison between a variety of internal departments, management, and external contacts.
Administrative and production duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide strong administrative support, maintaining calendars, processing and tracking expense reports, answering phones, ordering supplies/product
• Assist with video solicitation, circulation of budgets for approval, pre-production needs (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security etc), rough cut distribution, and final delivery of videos
• Maintain video treatment and project files, all costs related to each production project and facilitate payments and contracts with A&R Administration department
• Create and maintain databases (directors, production company, stylists, hair/makeup, editors, DP’s etc)
• Book employee and artist/glam travel/hotels/transportation
• Track payments and contracts between production companies and Columbia’s A&R Administration
• Assist with video productions, meetings, and events on location as requested
• Act as a liaison with other departments, executives, employees, clients and external partners to provide assistance with miscellaneous requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Organize and submit ticket buys for the department
• Cover phones, organize schedules for VP and SVP of Video Production.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• 1-2 years of administrative experience in a professional business environment preferred
• Familiarity with the Entertainment/Music Industry, artists, videos, and current trends is essential
• Prior video production experience desired
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop)
• Editing and/or shooting experience is desired but not a requirement
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gel with different personalities, work well under pressure, and keep a professional, positive attitude
• Exceptional communication, organization attention to detail, and time management skills are required
• The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously is critical
• Strong phone and email etiquette
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of confidentiality is required.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.