Administrative Assistant, A&R Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant, A&R Administration, supports two executives and requires frequent interaction with all staff levels throughout our organization. The Assistant will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of Columbia’s A&R Administration department by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative support to the SVP, A&R Administration and the VP, A&R Administration. This includes, but is not limited to, telephone support for supervisors along with back up coverage for other members of the department, maintaining day to day calendars, arranging meetings and conference calls, completing expense reports, maintaining contact lists, making travel arrangements, scanning and filing of agreements, printing of reports, sorting mail and ordering supplies.
• Maintaining departmental files by consistently updating and organizing.
• Update/maintain and distribute departmental reports and artist rosters.
• Prepare and issue remix and video production agreements.
• Issue purchase orders to vendors, obtain necessary approvals for invoices and costs, and process invoices.
• Book artist travel and studio time.
• Create payment requests and process contractual artist payments as directed.
• Prepare recording projects and video budget reports.
• Prepare ad hoc and standard reports.
• Pull sales information for artists.
• Work closely with various internal departments – Accounts Payable; Video Department; Label Finance and Royalty Department.
• Preferred one (1) year of previous administrative experience.
• Strong proficiency in computer software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, and accurate.
• Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
• A basic understanding of financial and accounting principles is desired.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication, organization and time management skills are required. The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously is critical.
• This candidate must have a professional, confident, and calm demeanor and must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of confidentiality are also required.