Multi-Use Camera Operator
SNYNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management
• Ability to proficiently operate Cammate Jib, stedicam and hand-held cameras equally as dictated by productions demands
• Assist in maintaining all of the above cameras and rigs in good working order
• In coordination with the Director, create and offer visually interesting and varied subject shots
• Willingness and ability to train others as needed for back-up purposes
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required.
• Two (2) years of experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred, with related camera operator experience required
• Knowledge of Cammate Jib & stedicam rigs along with Ikegami HD cameras
• Ability to identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues with equipment and set up
• Must be able to lift 25+ lbs. depending on stedicam rig and set / strike studio gear
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to travel as required
• Familiarity with NY sports a plus
• Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
• With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video Playback, Video Shading)
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
Location: New York, NY
• Senior Technical Manager & Manager of Operations
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online