SNYNew York, NY
Freelance Audio Assist A2 / Stage Manager
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
Job Duties, Audio Assist (A2 / Stage Manager):
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming, under supervision of Director & Operations Management
• Perform facility check with A1 from all mic and IFB positions in studio before daily production schedule begins
• Set up (pre-set, dress) and remove all mics and IFBs from guests prior to and after their appearance on SNY
• Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity studio appearance and all associated audio equipment including mics, IFBs, batteries, cables etc., notifying Operations management should either be in need of repair, replacement or maintenance
• Stage sets as needed for all programming
• Maintain and inventory studio props
• Assist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production (as needed)
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
• One (1) year of experience in TV studio production preferred.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to travel as required
• A1 Operator experience a plus
• Aptitude and desire to be trained at the next technical level (TD, Audio)
• With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video, Playback)
• Familiarity with NY sports a plus
• Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
• Senior Technical Manager & Manager of Operations
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online