Post Engineering Technician
Sim GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Post Engineering Technician
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: General Manager
Are you looking for work/life balance? Do you want to be part of behind-the-scenes in film and TV production? If you'd like to join an excellent team at a leading company that provides growth potential, keep reading…
About the position
The Post Engineering Technician position is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring client support of editing and workflow systems.
What you'll do
• Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems, data carts, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
• Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems, data cart, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
• Perform installations and tear outs of in-house and on location editing systems, data carts, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
• Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Express Dailies, Davinci Resolve, Mircrosoft Office, Adobe, etc.
• Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but not limited to, Avid ISIS, Unity and Facilis Terrablock.
• Assist in formatting and testing cards and drives as needed.
• Perform and maintain monitor calibrations.
• Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
• Ensure equipment is properly assigned, booked, prepped and dispatched in R2.
• Ensure transfers are coordinated and assigned properly in R2.
• Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to Director of Post Engineering and General Manager, and ensure it is properly assigned to service in R2.
• Be available as a consultant during camera preps that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
• Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
• Ensure that editing suites and equipment room are kept clean and organized.
• Demonstrate an understanding of/and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values.
• Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
• Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
• Assist with IT tasks as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, telephone assignment & troubleshooting, internet troubleshooting, printer setup & troubleshooting, etc.
What you'll need
• Strong working knowledge of PC/MAC based computers and software
• Active ACSR status a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong customer service approach
• Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
• Strong Organizational skills
• Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
• 5yrs Experience working in the Film and television industry a plus
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Our work environment
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
• Some exposure to physical risk
Perks you'll receive
We can offer you: Competitive wages in line with market standards
Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
Retirement savings program with company matching
Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
Company events including monthly lunches, summer BBQ's
For more information, visit our website or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We're proud to have supported features such as ''Deadpool,'' ''Handmaid's Tale,'' ''Game of Thrones,'' ''Stranger Things,'' ''Power Rangers'' and ''Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.''
We provide Studio, Camera, Lighting & Grip, Dailies and Post Production services and have locations throughout Canada and the United States.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online