Camera Prep Tech
Sim GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Prep Technician is responsible for building and ensuring equipment packages are complete for upcoming rentals; maintaining select camera equipment; and providing safe, quick, reliable and courteous delivery service to and from customers and/or suppliers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assembles, sets up and tests rental orders as per client contracts. Ensures all customer concerns are brought to the attention of the warehouse supervisor.
• Assesses each package to make sure they are correct and working, and informs supervisor of any items that may be missing or should be included
• Ensures that all missing and/or damaged items are reported to supervisor and/or engineering staff
• Greets clients/vendors in a professional and friendly manner and always offers help when loading in and out gear
• Works with engineering staff to develop ideas that modify and/or redesign systems to improve Sim Digital's products and/or services
• Assists in keeping the warehouse, tech storage, prep bays and kitchen area clean and organized
• Accountable for the completion, accuracy and submission of all relevant paperwork for operations and accounting departments.
• Ensures that all paperwork is properly filled out, that clients sign and receive the correct paperwork and that all paperwork is filed in its proper place
• Operates assigned company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
• Adheres to the laws of the State/Provincial Highways Commissions
• Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service
• Attends training and continuously develops relevant knowledge and skills
• Demonstrates an understanding of the mission, vision, and values of Sim Digital
• Travels and works overtime when required
• Carries a Company cell phone and participates as scheduled on the on-call rotation
• Attends staff meetings as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
• Valid Driver's license with a clean record
• Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
• Comfortable driving panel vans and cube trucks safely and appropriately
• Proficiency in the use of windows and computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel) and office equipment:
• R2 software experience an asset
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field
• 1+ years' experience in the film, television and/or professional photographic industry;
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
• Quality/Attention to Detail Focus - Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service
• Customer Service Focus - Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person's experience with the Company
• Development & Continual Learning - Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
• Teamwork - Participates actively in a team to improve the Company's effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Physical effort required - frequent loading, securing and unloading of heavy equipment
• Driving in heavy traffic
• Exposure to warehouse and on-set location environments
• Some exposure to physical risk
All job descriptions are subject to change based on the evolving needs of the company.
Job Code: Prep Tech - Las Palmas
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online