PR & Social Media Assistant
Sicily PublicityLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PR & Social Media Assistant (Film & Entertainment)
Sicily Publicity is a boutique public relations firm specializing in film and entertainment, currently seeking a dynamic self-starter to join our team as a PR & Social Media Assistant.
We are seeking a creative, energetic assistant who is passionate about entertainment, lives and breathes social media, keeps up to date on the latest internet and social media trends, and has an instinctive understanding of what makes great content and how to engage effectively with different audiences. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are strong research skills, organizational skills and ability to be a self-sufficient, effective team player.
Interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter sharing details of relevant skills and interests and demonstrate proven experience that fits the position. Candidates must already be proficient in social media targeting and communication, computer programs, google docs and familiar with tools and programs for creating social media content, detail orientated, and have a skill set to build upon in the areas of research, brainstorming, blogging, media and grassroots outreach, drafting press materials and press admin. Experience working with social media influencers and brand partners is a major plus.
The chosen candidate must be a highly dependable, communicative and reliable when working remotely and be available to meet on location as needed for brainstorms, meetings, events and other business related projects. We are open to a part time or a full time arrangement and working hours can be flexible for the right candidate.
• Efficiency across all Social Media platforms and up-to-date on the latest internet and social media trends.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Tech savvy with strong computer skills and mobile app knowledge.
• Proficiency in programs such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and FinalCut.
• A good eye for design and ability to create basic graphics (GIFs, memes) for posting on social media.
• Instinctive understanding of marketing, engaging with different audiences and creating the type of content that sparks conversation.
• Ability to demonstrate proven experience in effectively managing and growing social media pages.
• Social media account management.
• Social media calendar and report management.
• Growing social media presence.
• Participating in creative brainstorms and planning sessions.
• Grassroots research and outreach, identifying niche and mainstream target groups and opportunities.
• Blogger outreach
• Thinking outside the box to shape and share social media content that gets people talking.
• Working with key groups, organizations, social media influencers and brand partners and forming relationships on behalf of our films.
• Keeping up to date on the latest social media trends and applying the latest trends and insights to generate results.
• Drafting press materials.
• Updating databases.
• Assisting at events and on red carpets.
• Dedication to the position and pride in your work is essential.
This is an optimal position for a star assistant to play a key role in a small, passionate team, with flexible hours for the right candidate. If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online