Shout! FactoryLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Beloved by fans and filmmakers, Shout! Factory is a unique distributor of independent film, classic and contemporary TV, music, animation and comedy. We continually look for new ways and opportunities to grow and are moving into the content creation space in addition to continuing to do what you know and love us for. The founders pioneered the careful curation and marketing of pop culture music with their first company, Rhino Records. They brought the same passion for quality content to the video space when founding Shout! Factory in 2003, and today we are a company of over 60 dedicated employees who love to bring to the public the film and TV content they love themselves - comedy, horror, animation, nostalgia and fan favorites, delivered thru digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD.
Shout! Factory is seeking a Royalty Analyst to join our Royalty team. This position is an integral part of the Royalty Department and in its efforts to meet the company's many and diversified contractual requirements. This position is responsible for preparing manual royalty statements for different types of licensors that Shout! Factory engages, from artists to content owners, bringing with it the understanding that reports can take many forms.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Royalties
• Prepare accurate and timely manual royalty statements for licensors, under various different business agreements, such as direct royalties, joint ventures and distribution deals, using Microsoft Excel
• Read and analyze complex agreements; ensure that statements adhere to all contractual provisions
• Communicate with Business Affairs to gain clarity on contract terms
• Communicate with other SF departments, such as Production and Marketing, to assess and calculate which expenses can be factored into royalty statements; liaise as necessary with accounting to ensure that said costs are correctly reflected in the general ledger
• Work with accounting staff to improve accounting system reports and extracts to ensure they are tailored to meet the needs of the Royalty department
• Assist as necessary Senior Manager, Royalties with miscellaneous projects and tasks as necessary
• Handle internal and external inquiries
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including extensive knowledge of how to utilize formulas and functions to extricate date-specific data from large spreadsheets, as well as using formulas and other functions such as pivot tables, vlookups, sumproducts, etc. to analyze and aggregate data is required
• Must be extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Word
• Must have some entertainment knowledge of terminology and experience reading and understanding legal contracts and licenses
• Prior royalty administration experience preferred
Important Success Factors
• Must be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel both internal and external; solicits and readily receives feedback.
• A quick learner of computer programs and online database services.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check us out online at our website and look up our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
Benefits include: • Health insurance paid 100% for all employees by Shout! Factory beginning at a $500 annual deductible PPO level, with no waiting period. • Access to low cost services like pet insurance, legal services, homeowners/renters insurance. • Participation in a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and ROTH options after a short eligibility period. • Access to a commuter program that allows you to purchase light rail or bus passes as a pre-tax deduction. • Partial paid family leave, disability leave. • Access to a wellness program that includes weekly yoga classes and semi-monthly meditation sessions.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online