Jr. Production Artist
Shout! FactoryLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Shout! Factory is seeking a Jr. Production Artist to join our Creative Services team. This role's primary responsibility will be creating digital graphic assets for Shout! Factory's multi-platform releases. This is an entry-level position and an excellent opportunity for someone beginning her or his career in design. Due to the company's busy release schedule and production slate, the creative services team works at an accelerated pace and must be able to be flexible in order to meet shifting priorities and deadlines. A successful candidate will be able to plug into this work-style and work collaboratively, sharing ideas and feedback.
Additionally, this position will provide support to the creative services department, which is currently a two person team.
Reports to: Vice President, Creative Services
DEVELOP MULTI-PLATFORM GRAPHIC-ASSET PACKAGES
Formatting key art elements from existing layered Photoshop assets into components to be used across multiple platforms including, but not limited to - title treatments, key art, VOD versioning, color correcting/formatting photography and billing blocks.
DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT / ARCHIVE
Maintaining several departmental systems, including packaging art asset archives; requesting, downloading, uploading, archiving, transferring and managing of all art assets within the department, on the local servers and cross departmentally.
PRODUCT SHOT CREATION / MAINTAINENCE
This is a critical function to the overall workflow across multiple channels at Shout! Factory and requires the creation and continued maintenance of up-to-date, finalized key art and 3D product shots within a localized server.
· Design sales and marketing requests - POP displays, product pitches, etc.
· Develop micro-site graphics for online initiatives.
· Photo retouching.
· Create online merchandise product shots.
· Product photography/lighting when needed.
· Provide freelancers with necessary logos, barcodes, templates and assets.
· General production work in support of Creative Services and Production departments.
· A strong foundation in Adobe Photoshop is required.
· A working knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and building final print mechanicals is preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
· Strong organizational skills required.
Important Success Factors:
· He or she is expected to received and integrate art direction and manage project timelines on all assigned projects.
· Demonstrate ability to be both strategic and hands-on so that he or she is able to understand when each is needed.
· Possess a strong understanding of graphic design, composition and type is required.
· A working knowledge of the print process (InDesign and Illustrator, Mac platform) will be hugely beneficial.
· Because he or she will conduct research, source and scan assets, create contact sheets, traffic artwork rounds as well as general production work, an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is extremely important.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check us out online at our website and look up our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
Job Code: Los Angeles
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online