Video Production Associate
Seattle StormSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
What you will do:
• Produce content for StormBasketball.com and official social media platforms
• Produce video board and broadcast content
• Work with members of the Storm staff to manage the Storm Channel YouTube page as well as the video portal on StormBasketball.com
• Upload all created content for delivery on social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Acquire and shoot necessary footage at games, practices and media day.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Current student pursuing a BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
• Proven work experience as a video editor
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut X)
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
• Creative mind and storytelling skills Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
• Must be available to work during the majority of the Storm games (home and away) during the 2018 season (May – August). Employee will work 20-25 hours a week, with most of schedule falling nights and weekends.
• Demonstrate a grace-under-fire personality that does not require constant direction, but is nonetheless eager for more responsibility
• Possess a positive, can-do attitude that looks for solutions to problems and is always willing to pitch in where needed.
• Passion for women's basketball
What you will learn:
How the Storm digital presentation fits in as part of a larger communications strategy
• How to use digital media to support the goals of marketing, merchandise, sales, communications and other departments to ultimately drive revenue
• What works to engage sports fans through digital media
• How the various parts of a professional sports organization work together and how social media and the communications team support them
• What to do when things ''go wrong'' on digtial media and how to handle challenges including negative fan reaction
• The role of ''voice'' in corporate communications
• What happens behind the scenes on game night
• How communications channels including email, news releases, website, mobile work together
• How did you hear about this job?