Video Operations Manager
Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Video Operations Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director, Productions
Status: Full-time, Exempt
• Assist in managing production elements for events at the ballpark (games and non-game events)
• Oversee the content creation and loading of content for these events, with an emphasis on non-baseball events
• Help program and operate control room equipment including the switcher, replay system, graphic machines, clips playback, cameras, audio and scoreboard systems
• Help schedule and attend all rehearsals requiring the use of the control room equipment and ballpark LED displays
• Be on-site for non-ballpark events requiring the use of the control room equipment and ballpark LED displays
• Help execute live productions as a producer, director or control room operator for events held at the ballpark (games and non-game events)
• Assist in managing relationships with third party vendors and their operators
• Participate in the selection and hiring of scoreboard operators. Day-to-day management of the operators including staffing game and non-game events, directing work, providing feedback, and general support.
• Train, teach best practices, and foster the growth and development of all scoreboard operators.
• Help develop production solutions for executing ideas, concepts and features utilizing current production staff and equipment
• Serve as the production liaison to the Ballpark Events Department
• Attend weekly Ballpark Events meetings
• Help develop production plan to execute each event's needs
• Manage the archiving and storing of digital content
• Manage content/footage requests from third parties (RSN, MLB, internal departments, etc.)
• Manage the scheduling, use and storage of field production gear (cameras, lights, audio equipment, etc.)
• Shoot, edit and create graphics as needed
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required; bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred. Equivalent, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
• 2-3 years of previous control room operation experience required.
• 2-3 years of live production experience required.
• Previous experience programming control room equipment required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
• Expert knowledge in control room equipment including switcher (Ross), graphics (Ross Xpression), replay systems (EVS), clips playback (IP Director), cameras (Grass Valley, Sony, Canon), audio gear and scoreboard systems (ANC)
• Competent at producing and directing live events
• Capable at shooting, editing and creating of graphics; working knowledge of ENG, studio and DSLR cameras and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite required.
• Ability to interact with internal departments and ballpark clients in an exciting and professional manner to achieve their goals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; messages are clear, organized, and appropriate for the audience
• Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Contributes to the team positively and professionally; collaborates and communicates well with teammates.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
• Must be able and willing to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift production gear up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
Interested and qualified applicants may apply through the following link:
Video Operations Manager
In addition, please visit our website for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?