Client Sales and Services Associate
Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
CLIENT SALES AND SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Position start date is mid-August 2018
The Seattle Mariners were founded in 1977 as an expansion franchise in Major League Baseball's American League, and since 1999 have called Safeco Field home. With almost 45,000,000 fans having passed through the gates since the Inaugural Game, we continuously strive to create exceptional experiences for our fans. To help us with this, we are currently seeking positive and driven individuals who are committed to becoming sales leaders in the sports industry.
The twelve-month Client Sales and Services Associate Program provides the training and experience necessary to become a superstar in the world of sports sales and service. You will receive the necessary training and development needed to successfully sell and service across all product segments (Season Tickets, Groups, Suites and Premium). You will learn a broad range of sales and general business skills that will allow you to generate both ''New'' and ''Renewal'' revenue via phone and face-to-face appointments with business and individual customers. Additionally, you will receive ongoing mentorship and coaching from a combination of experienced sales professionals. The Seattle Mariners will consider top performing Associates for available sales opportunities upon completion of the program.
• Proactively sell both ''New'' and ''Renewal'' plans/tickets across all product segments (Season Tickets, Groups, Suites, Premium) via phone calls, e-mails, face-to-face offsite meetings and in-ballpark appointments.
• Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through prospecting, canvassing, networking, referrals and active participation in in-house events.
• Consistently meet or exceed assigned sales objectives, including revenue and call goals.
• Commit to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through regular meetings and role-play sessions.
• Consistently deliver an extraordinary customer experience by actively engaging in exceptional product and service fulfillment.
• Receive inbound phone calls regarding product sales and servicing, and general customer and season ticket holder inquiries. Resolve customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
• Respond to customer e-mails and voicemails in an appropriate and timely manner. Adhere to standard procedures and policies relative to customer communications.
• Utilize Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Archtics ticketing system to maintain electronic records of all customers and prospects. Demonstrate the ability to navigate and successfully use all job related systems.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Recent college graduate with a bachelor's degree in business, sports management, marketing or liberal arts major with a desire to learn and achieve in a highly competitive sales environment.
• Experience in a leadership role with responsibilities for achieving a specific goal and for motivating and leading others through a process or project.
• Previous customer service experience including demonstrated ability to take decisive action and quickly resolve customer issues, problem solve, trouble shoot and answer questions. Customer advocate who goes above and beyond to create customer delight.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
• Coachable team player with a positive attitude and strong will to succeed.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate messages and information clearly and accurately. Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to effectively build and maintain partnerships with customers and co-workers. Contributes to team and organization success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
• Can work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal oversight. Uses time efficiently.
• Works well within a team environment, yet is comfortable completing tasks independently. Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays and event nights. • • Ability to travel to local offsite sales appointments as scheduled.
Our Team Members Enjoy:
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
• Matching 401(k) retirement plan
• Business casual dress code
• Complimentary Seattle Mariners game tickets
• Free on-site parking in Safeco Field garage
• Transportation benefits
• Mariners Team Store merchandise discount
Link to apply: Seattle Mariners Client Sales and Services Associate
Job Title: Client Sales and Services Associate
Reports To: Manager, Client Sales and Services
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please visit www.mariners.com/jobs and click on the link embedded within the Associate job description to complete the required online video interview. Only candidates who complete this video interview will be considered.