Indonesian Subtitle Editor
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
The Indonesian Subtitle Editor will simulate, transcribe, translate and proof all types of media-related content for any/all of the following mediums: DVD, broadcast, theatrical, streaming media, dubbing, gaming and corporate projects. Work will primarily involve the subtitling medium, in addition to working with text, website, menu, and other mediums. The successful applicant will be able to do the following:
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner
• Possess the aptitude to learn specific, SDI-centric computer programs
• Pay great attention to detail in all project
• Able to apply client-specific protocols as needed and adhere to all special instructions
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Be proactive and communicate problems/issues/developments effectively to supervisor, peers, and/or internal staff as needed
• Help out with other duties in department as needed
• Attend departmental or other meetings as directed
• Create regular feedback for peers
• Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent command of Indonesian, as well as slang and colloquial expressions
• A solid knowledge of the Indonesian culture.
• Excellent organizational skills with project ownership attitude
• Excellent computer skills; film editing software a plus
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Experience in tasks requiring extreme accuracy
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel in all mediums (in person, telephone, written)
• Empathy for different cultures
• Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
Qualifications and Experience
• An associate's degree (A. A.) or Bachelor's degree in language or related field
• And/or 2-3 years related experience
• Previous localization and/or subtitle experience preferred
SDI Media is the world's s leading media localization provider, offering dubbing, subtitling, access services and media services for international, regional, and local content owners, aggregators, broadcasters, and new media distributors. With the world's largest network of owned and operated facilities and the most comprehensive suite of customizable localization software applications, SDI offers its clients a comprehensive end-to-end localization solution for feature films, episodic television series, interactive games, new media, and corporate needs. SDI offers its services for over 80 languages, and operates it global network of facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. With a presence in 33 countries, in over 35 markets, incorporating over 105 recording rooms and over 50 mixing rooms, SDI's global localization footprint provides the only one-stop media localization solution in the media industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online