QC Operator - Graveyard
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The QC Operator is responsible for the quality control assurance of video and audio specifications of all media to meet client standards.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform audio specific Quality Control against various ProTools projects at different stages of the dubbing process (ADR project or Mix project)
• QC ADR for missing lines, using the original language source audio as a reference
• Perform File QC's using various playback programs and nonlinear editing systems.
• View media and identify any defects (digital hits, macro blocking, interlacing, etc…), continuity or incomplete content found during testing.
• Listen to media and identify any audio drop outs, pops, distortions, etc…
• Knowledge of industry video and audio broadcast standards
• Complete detailed reports of quality control testing while noting any deficiencies with media
• Troubleshoot and correct reported issues with assets. Escalate to production managers and engineering as necessary
• Stay current with SDI workflows, workflow change management updates and tutorials
• Perform additional tasks as assigned
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years of related technical experience
• Subject to proficiency test related to digital media
• Knowledge of ProTools
• Experience in dubbing preferred
• Candidate should be interested in audio and have a ''good ear''
• In depth knowledge of audio/video hardware and software relevant to the office without supervision
• In depth knowledge of audio/video formats relevant to the office
• In depth knowledge of ''frame rates'' and their function
• In depth knowledge of ''Aspect ratio's'' and their function
• In depth knowledge of SMPTE time-code and its function
• In depth knowledge of workflows relevant to the office
• Have an aptitude for analytic problem solving
• Demonstrate the ability to focus on details ensuring an error free deliverable
SDI Media is the world's s leading media localization provider, offering dubbing, subtitling, access services and media services for international, regional, and local content owners, aggregators, broadcasters, and new media distributors. With the world's largest network of owned and operated facilities and the most comprehensive suite of customizable localization software applications, SDI offers its clients a comprehensive end-to-end localization solution for feature films, episodic television series, interactive games, new media, and corporate needs. SDI offers its services for over 80 languages, and operates it global network of facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. With a presence in 33 countries, in over 35 markets, incorporating over 105 recording rooms and over 50 mixing rooms, SDI's global localization footprint provides the only one-stop media localization solution in the media industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online