Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Production Manager in New York, NY to join our Production team. The Production Manager is responsible for managing and allocating resources across Travel Channel Brand Creative team to effectively and efficiently deliver projects on time.
What you will be doing:
• Provide production support for on-air creative director and writers/producers to produce promotional assets for on-air, off-air and digital/social media from project inception to completion.
• Oversee Production Coordinator. Provide guidance, leadership and assign projects and responsibilities accordingly.
• Support Creative Director and Writer/Producer's promotional concepts by assessing resources and budget and providing solutions based on project parameters.
• Lead in the management of small and large scale shoot productions. Review and negotiate budgets, create shoot schedules and work with show production to secure network talent.
• Provide on-set management by ensuring that production partners stay on schedule and on budget.
• Manage incoming project requests and work with Creative Director to assign projects to producers, freelance producers and production partners.
• Oversee graphics, special projects and scheduling teams and manage their day-to-day responsibilities. Provide coverage for all team members, as needed.
• Collaborate with Brand Operations to develop systems and databases that streamline processes for producers and the production management team.
• Lead weekly staff meetings to review project status and assignments and footage availability.
• Manage the onboarding of contractors, negotiate rates and assign projects.
• Negotiate rates with production partners and out of house facilities.
• Maintain good relations with production partners, contractors and internal departments.
• Present project status reports to the team and maintain project database.
• Work with various internal teams such as Ad Sales, International and Affiliate to share promotional assets.
• Facilitate contracts and insurance requirements with business affairs when working with outside vendors.
What you need to have:
• Bachelors degree in Communication or Marketing from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 3 years of production management experience in television or within an advertising agency
It's a plus if you have:
• Experience in project management, allocating resources, and assigning tasks
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
• Experience leading a live-action production shoot
• Understanding of promo scheduling and asset delivery processes
• Experience reviewing and tracking budgets
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• You have a consistent record of working independently and responsibly
• You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and can work on multiple projects in various stages of production in an extremely fast-paced environment
• You shine with a 'can do' positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
• You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
• You monitor timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing the most important pieces to achieve incredible success
• You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.