Scanline VFXLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2022 2:45:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Animator jobs in London-UK
Search all Lead Animator postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
The Lead Animator is responsible for supervising the process of creating high-quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
• Supervising the process of creating high quality character, creature and/or object animations for feature films.
• Working closely with supervisors and head of department to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic.
• Attend and actively participate in show and department related meetings
• Plan and provide estimates/schedules for tasks and shows .
• Plan on the team with the Department manager and forecast any resource needs
• Do daily rounds/reviews with the artists and providing creative solutions
• Communicate client notes to the team.
• Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
• Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Minimum (4-6) years of experience in a animation lead position on feature films (preferred)
• Knowledge of Maya (required)
• Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
• Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
• Previs experience a plus
• A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
• Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and composition
• Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
• Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed
• Coding /scripting experiences in python and or mel (a plus)