I / O Coordinator
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Our I/O Coordinator will deal with digital assets entering and leaving the facility via electronic and physical media and will support rendering on feature films. In this entry-level but mission critical role, I/O coordinators have broad interaction with production artists, coordinators, supervisors, technical support leads and clients.
• Responsible for monitoring disk servers, performing backups/restores, and handling incoming/outgoing data transfers.
• Maintain data and asset tracking.
• Prepare incoming/outgoing data transfers
• Collect files from clients and vendors and prepare deliveries back to them.
• Monitor servers and studio queue system; escalates issues as needed
• Troubleshoot and correct failing tasks.
• Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
• Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries and maintains log of all deliveries.
• Technical QA of all masters and digital files, grade conforms and project archiving.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• 2 years proven production experience in VFX facility.
• Systems administration skills and general technical troubleshooting experience.
• Shotgun, Deadline, Aspera Connect,RV/FrameCycler, que Monitor, Listing Tools, Adobe Pro/Reader, MS Office Suite, intermediate Excel skills (required)
• Filezilla, Mozilla Thunderbird, 7zip/Winrar or any forExperience with Shotgun, and tracking/asset Management databases. (required)
• After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Photoshop, Greenshot, One Click downloader (preferred)
• Troubleshoot technical issues; can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosph
• Excellent client facing customer service skills.
• Diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
• Understanding of CG/VFX production pipelines, software packages and postproduction (preferred)
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Understanding of project management, dependencies and deadline driven deliveries.
• Effective communication and interaction skills; across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, nights, or when production schedule requires.
• Ability to work OT, flexible hours, on call