SFS Media Coordinator
San Francisco SymphonySan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The SFS Media Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of SFS Media projects, with a focus on supporting and assisting the SFS Media Manager in running SFS Media, the in-house recording label of the San Francisco Symphony. Tasks will include project management, assisting in creation of new media products, accounting and financial planning for the label, routing of time sensitive materials, interfacing with internal and external customers of SFS Media, and scheduling and coordination of interdepartmental task force meetings. This position reports to the Manager of SFS Media and secondarily assists the Manager of Tours and Media Production.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for all sales and shipments of SFS Media products including external vendors, third party warehouse management and internal accounting.
• Coordinating production process of new audio recordings for the SFS Media label including copyright clearance, design layout, and packaging.
• Coordinating production of promotional materials for SFS Media such as DVD EPKs (electronic press kits), creation of video clips, graphics, and materials to support licensing and distribution of SFS Media products and to promote the live concert experience.
• Processing invoices, sales reports, and other payables/receivables in conjunction with accounting departments. Assisting with budgets and other aspects of financial planning with in-house finance personnel.
• Organizing and maintaining records for electronic media projects including licensing, royalty and inventory information for each project.
• Assist in preparation of sales and royalty reporting to artists and union organizations as required.
• Some administrative support of SFS Media department activities as needed.
Some experience in media production, project management, accounting/financial planning or directly relevant experience. Candidate must be able to prioritize projects to improve productivity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Video and photo editing, website management, multi-media production skills and technical fluency a strong plus. Vendor management experience helpful. Music knowledge a plus. Digital music platform experience (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) a plus. Able to work independently and well under pressure. Detail oriented, multi-tasker and a quick learner. Strong organization and administrative skills. Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred. Experience using the following programs a strong plus: FinalCutPro, Audacity, DDP authoring programs (Sonoris, Disco, etc), Gracenote, Photoshop, InDesign.
30 hours per week. Hourly rate is $28.00 with benefits.
The San Francisco Symphony, under Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas, is one of the country's leading orchestras. Some 220 concerts each year reach an audience of more than 600,000, while national and international broadcasts, heard on more than 215 radio stations, reach millions more. The Symphony has its own recording label, SFS Media, and its recordings have won some of the world's highest honors. Its multimedia initiative, Keeping Score, has reached over six million people with television and radio broadcasts, DVDs, and an interactive website. The Orchestra tours extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States, and its outstanding artistic reputation enables it to attract the world's finest guest artists and conductors to Davies Symphony Hall. More than 70,000 young people are served each year by the Symphony's numerous education programs, including its internationally renowned Youth Orchestra and Adventures in Music (AIM), which reaches every 1st through 5th grader in San Francisco's public schools. The organization is led by President Sakurako Fisher and Executive Director Brent Assink.
The San Francisco Symphony's mission is to set the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; enrich, serve, and shape cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; and maintain financial stability and gain public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
The San Francisco Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online