San Bernardino Community College DistrictSan Bernardino, CA
Full Time Job
San Bernardino Community College District
701 South Mount Vernon Ave, San Bernardino, California 92410
Producer/Director - Television
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job; however, any additional duties will be reasonably related to this class.
Under direction, plans, coordinates, produces, and directs various aspects of television programs including shooting video, editing video, producing material for on-air use, and composing graphics; schedules, coordinates, and supervises music, scenery, camera and audio work, timing, and other details of production; and operates a variety of television equipment.
The following duties are typical for this classification.
1.Produces and directs television programs for the District owned television station; directs programs live or on tape in the studio or in the field; produces and directs programs, on air promotions, and public service announcements.
2.Shoots and/or edits video for a variety of programs, underwriters, promotions, and related television materials.
3.Develops new program ideas by contacting a wide variety of experts and researching topics using a variety of sources; compiles, organizes, and prepares proposals for new programs.
4.Designs and prepares sets, lighting schemes, scenery, and props for productions.
5.Develops scripts for programs; selects performers and guests as assigned.
6.Coordinates program publicity, budgets, permits and agreements.
7.Coordinates the work of production crews and talent; supervises and evaluates work of student assistants and students enrolled in TV production courses.
8.Consults with and provides technical assistance to faculty and staff related to the production of television programs.
9.Operates a variety of television equipment including computers, editing equipment, camcorders, video switchers, and related equipment.
10.Prepares and maintains a variety of reports and logs related to production activities.
11.Serves as lead worker with assigned station personnel as necessary.
12.Performs related duties as required.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
• Operations, services, and activities of a public television station.
• Principles and techniques of producing and directing live and taped television programs in the studio or in the field.
• The resources, principles, and methods of researching program topics.
• Operational characteristics of production, editing, and telecommunication equipment.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including FCC rules and regulations pertaining to station operations.
• Evaluate, select, research, and develop new program ideas.
• Direct and coordinate all phases of program production including script writing, publicity, budgets, taping.
• Design scenery, costumes and props.
• Processing and selection of personnel.
• Develop and write program scripts.
• Prepare program proposals.
• Operate a variety of television equipment including computers, editing equipment, camcorders, video switchers, and related equipment.
• Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
• Oversee assigned staff as necessary.
• Meet critical deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
• Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software applications.
• Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary Range is from $5,021.00 to $6,104.00 per month plus family medical, dental, vision coverage, and employee life insurance (employee contribution dependent upon plan selected). PERS Retirement (employee contributes 6% to 7% depending on current membership status). CSEA union dues are 1.5% up to a maximum of $47.25.
*Salary and position job description under review and subject to change*
Education and Experience Guidelines - Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in telecommunications, journalism, English, or a related field; two years of directly related experience may substitute for one year of education.
• Five years of experience in producing and directing television programs.
License or Certificate:
• Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license.
• Demonstrated experience applying broadcast television theory and practice including writing, directing, lighting, video recording and videography, audio mixing, and editing, as well as both studio and remote production.
• Demonstrated experience using a variety of television production equipment, to include video switchers, cameras, audio mixers and lighting kits.
• Demonstrated creative editing skills, and proficient usage of contemporary editing tools. (ie. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer)
• Experience in operating all information technology related business systems, programs and applications. (ie. Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Experience in operations, services, and activities of a public television station.
• Experience producing and directing live and taped television programs in the studio or in the field.
Visit for application requirements and more information regarding the position.
May 2, 2018
Posting Number: 321
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.