Game Operations Part Time Assistant
San Antonio SpursSan Antonio, TX
Part Time Job
Game Operations Part Time Assistant (Seasonal)
The eligible candidate will have the opportunity to see the business side of Game Presentation first hand. Assistants have the opportunity to work directly with the San Antonio Spurs, San Antonio Rampage and the San Antonio Football Club, dealing with the creation, planning, implementation and execution of all elements as they relate to Game Presentation. This position will provide support to the Game Operations department in tasks such as but not limited to: preparation of assignments related to games and assist on game nights with coordination of contestants and execution of promotions. This position is seasonal, is a paid position, but does not guarantee employment once the position is completed.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Assist Game Operations with office projects and daily tasks.
• Assist Game Operations with planning, setup, and breakdown of Spurs, Rampage and SAFC games.
Game Day Duties:
Setup - This includes table and dressing room signage, premium item placement, preparation for in-game promotions, prepare check-in binder, stats, etc.
In-Game Execution – Cue in-arena hosts, prep contestants, lead promotions, instruct Game Crew and entertainment teams as needed.
• Post-Game – Properly store all props and Game Operations items in cage. Collect, organize and scan waivers.
• Schedule independent contractors (Face Painters, Balloon Artists, DJ's, auctioneers etc.) and in-game entertainment (National Anthem performers, Color Guards, Sponsored FEPs, etc.) as needed.
• Must make it a point to shadow other departments and gain experience through interviewing others, shadowing extra events, attending Spurs Sports & Entertainment University classes, etc.
• Organize, track inventory, and maintain workable area in Game Operations storage.
• Contribute creative ideas for promotions, theme nights, etc.
• Other duties assigned.
• Must be available to work September 2018 – May/June 2019 (end of both Spurs & Rampage seasons)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to work with other departments and external contacts
• Must be able to work with several types of individuals and be able to adjust accordingly
• Ability to work in an environment where quick decision making is needed
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
• Strong teamwork aptitude required
• Strong customer service skills required
• Strong good oral and written communication skills
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
• Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time
• Ability to lift/push/pull 30 lbs on a regular basis
• Preferred experience in Event Planning
• Preferred enrollment or completion of college courses
• How did you hear about this job?