SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Research Assistant (Residuals Processing, Trust & Estates)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Analyze weekly trust reports and assist the supervisor in determining criteria to prioritize methods of locating performers.
• Search relevant sources, including but not limited to Lexis Nexis, various applicable internet search engines, industry publications and internal and external databases.
• Proactively initiate outbound calls and email correspondence for the purpose of locating performers.
• Prepare proper documents and release payment of funds from Trust account; forward payment to performers.
• Handle incoming performer calls and request for information.
• Maintain records of activities and filing.
• Database management
• Assist in developing reports – internal and external.
• Make recommendations to supervisor for process improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Ability to review legal documents and determine required documentation.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications: Strong proficiency in Excel, Lexis-Nexis, internet search engines, etc.
• Strong customer service skills.
• High level of attention to detail, analytical skills, critical thinking, and multi-tasking.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English; in both verbal and written form.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: Excellent phone manners. High degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA's attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years' prior customer service experience preferred.
• Research and accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
• Knowledge of past and present performers in the entertainment industry preferred.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing 35 WPM
• Writing test