Receptionist / Membership Coordinator
Full Time Job
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -
What You’ll Do
The primary purpose of the Receptionist/Membership Coordinator is to field and direct incoming telephone calls; greet members visiting the office; prepare and distribute membership packets (excluding broadcast); correspondence, processing and updating member information.
• Handle routine inquiries and/or route calls to appropriate parties.
• Process correspondence/mail and route mail to appropriate parties.
• Prepare and enter new member applications (excluding broadcast).
• Generate Taft Hartley letters.
• Assist with special membership projects and answer general membership inquiries (excluding broadcast).
• Update membership information in databases.
• Cast clearances.
• Provide general administrative support including filing, scanning, photocopying and data entry, email/mail for senior staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Excellent phone skills (able to listen effectively and determine caller’s needs).
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in written form.
• Demonstrated effective skills in the use of PC applications.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• BA/BS degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least two years public relations experience or a combination of agency and in-house experience; heavy exposure to writing, media relations, media tracking and media/event management, along with knowledge/interest in the entertainment industry preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Integrity and Trust
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Time Management
• Communications We are a great place to work because we offer:
What You’ll Get
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Autonomy to do your job well
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks