Program Manager, Member Outreach
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager, Member Outreach will play an integral role in developing and implementing SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Local programs to support Los Angeles Local members. This position will engage with the Communications & Marketing Department on any communications, marketing or other public facing messaging about LA Local programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• In collaboration with local and national staff develop and implement programs, initiatives and supporting communications, ensuring messaging is timely and relevant for the target audience. Support staff in the development of programming as needed.
• Work with the national communications and marketing staff and within the protocols and parameters of the national communications policies, on the development and implementation of any Local communications projects.
• Serve as the staff liaison to the Los Angeles Local Communications Committee.
• Working with relevant national communications staff, this position will assist in the creation, production and dissemination of regular Los Angeles Local communications, including eblasts, newsletters (print and/or digital), and social media.
• Originate suggested story lists and draft editorial content for Los Angeles publications including the Local newsletter and MOVE LA communications.
• Provide first draft editorial and photography for the LA Local-specific content for the national magazine.
• Responsible for ensuring that all LA Local materials - editorial and photographic - are properly archived in the national communications and marketing department.
• Working with the member-discounts team in the Communications & Marketing department, negotiate appropriate and acceptable vendor and service discounts for Los Angeles area members.
• Assist the communications and marketing staff in updating the SAG-AFTRA national headquarters member lobby, including updating lobby audio-visual displays, member boards and literature.
• Collaborate across the organization in support of Los Angeles Local programs, meetings and events as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Expert writing, proofing and editing skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail and precise execution skills.
• Exceptional oral and written command of English language and English grammar.
• Long and short-term planning skills are essential.
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience; able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic manner; able to skillfully cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications, including photo editing, Excel, Word, Desktop Publishing and PowerPoint.
• Ability to show discretion with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Two to four years of experience in related fields or four to six years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated writing skills; knowledge of AP style.
• Proficiency in social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Individuals with projec t management experience will be given preference.
• Proficiency with online content management systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or with unions preferred.
• Experience w ith graphic design applications (Adobe, Canva, Publisher, etc) a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.