Executive Administrative Assistant
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Industry Relations)
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides overall executive administrative support to Executive Director, Industry Relations (ED/IR) and some support to the Industry Relations department as a whole. The department regularly interfaces with the entertainment and media community on behalf of SAG-AFTRA.
Executive Administrative Assistant responsibilities include: scheduling meetings and travel, coordinating projects, meeting/event planning, answering ED/IR phones, providing clerical support, proof reading, tracking production schedules, records management, preparing correspondence, aiding in research projects and contributing to a culling and daily recap of important news items reflecting important trends and changes in all relevant areas of media and entertainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Receive and distribute phone calls, email and mail, provide clerical support and prepare expense reports.
• Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Assist with research of issues and initiatives.
• Assist in development and execution of power-point and any other presentations presented by the department.
• Create and maintain computer documents and reports.
• Represent SAG-AFTRA at various industry related events. Events will take place during evenings and standard business hours.
• Proofread/edit and distribute written materials.
• Maintain executive files.
• Assist with all calls and general knowledge of procedures used in the department.
• Order and maintain supplies for Executive Director; coordinate repairs/replacement of equipment.
• Assist department and Executive Director, Industry Relations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Sincere interest in and desire to learn about the entertainment business as it relates to our members and department outreach on their behalf.
• Enthusiasm about the work, understands the sometimes challenging nuances of the entertainment industry, sense of initiative and willingness to learn.
• Proofreading/editing skills, knowledge of business communications and AP style.
• Diplomacy and discretion (confidentiality).
• Superlative research capabilities.
• Able to accurately type 50 WPM.
• Proficient in PC and Mac applications including solid command of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds internally and externally.
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure and anticipate executive's needs.
• Able to prioritize tasks.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions)per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs (schedule flexibility).
• Must be available to work and willing to travel to offsite locations with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Administrative training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous executive support experience.
• College degree a plus.
• Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 50 WPM
• Writing test