Coordinator, Policy Compliance
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director, Policy Compliance, EEO & Diversity, the Policy Compliance Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for member inquiries, complaints and allegations related to unlawful discrimination and harassment. This position will support the Director, Policy Compliance and the National Directors with respect to all aspects of the departments work in the areas of union, city, state and federal policies and practices regarding inclusion, equity and non-discrimination.
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Responsible for intake and processing of complaints from members on unlawful harassment and/or discrimination.
• Understand policies governing harassment and discrimination; may provide general information on harassment, discrimination, etc.
• Create and update complaint tracking database; develop reports for management on unlawful harassment, discrimination, etc.
• Involved in the planning and conducting of educational engagements for members and staff on policies and practices related to inclusion, equity and non-discrimination; will assist with creation of materials related to same.
• Provide support for contract negotiations.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Excellent customer service skills to internal and external customers.
• Creative and strategic thinker with strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Hands-on team player willing to take part in the execution and work collaboratively to achieve unprecedented results.
• Culturally and politically astute.
• Strong organizational skills with one or more ongoing assignments; very detail oriented.
• Proficiency in PC applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledgeable of the operations and confidentiality inherent in an inclusion- and equity-focused environment.
• Able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Member Service
• Job Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or equivalent fields preferred, or 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Requires 1-3 years of experience supporting a team of EEO/Diversity professionals.
• Able to demonstrate SAG-AFTRA values—Excellence through Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity and Respect—through past work experiences is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize is a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Autonomy to do your job well
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -