SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Field Services)
POSITION PURPOSE: Monitor and enforce all SAG-AFTRA agreements on sets covering primarily the five (5) boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Monitor and enforce contract terms and working conditions on set for the SAG-AFTRA Theatrical, Television, New Media, and Commercials Agreements.
• Initiate and resolve claims on behalf of performers on set (for example: upgrades and hazard adjustments).
• Monitor contractual safety requirements in performance of stunts and ensure potentially hazardous work adheres to necessary guidelines.
• Monitor work rules for minors, including work hours and tutoring.
• Communicate with Business Representatives and Claims Managers regarding on-set problems and conditions.
• Maintain and file written daily reports for each set covered.
• Attend weekly department staff meetings.
• Promote SAG-AFTRA and its members in all communications with the industry.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Experience with administration of collective bargaining agreements.
• Must be able to handle confrontational,volatile and stressful situations in a calm manner with patience and diplomacy (combined with an intrepid, tenacious approach to the work).
• Maintain good working relations with production counterparts.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work which is largely unsupervised.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a very high paced environment.
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines, and expedite heavy workload efficiently.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated interpretative and analytic ability.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
Education and/or Experience:
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.