SAG-AFTRASan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Commercials & Corporate/Educational & Non-Broadcast Contracts)
The Business Representative will administrate and coordinate the execution and implementation of SAG-AFTRA commercial, corporate-educational, and non-broadcast contracts in the San Francisco - Northern California area; Acts as a liaison between performers and advertising agencies/directors/production companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed)
• Disseminates accurate contract rulings, and interpretations of Commercials and Co-Ed contracts to members, as well as ad agencies, advertisers, production companies, talent agents, casting directors, etc.
• File claims and resolves contract disputes, including mediation and arbitration, preparation and testimony.
• Conduct on-set visits to monitor compliance.
• Promote SAG-AFTRA and its members in all communications with industry.
• Conduct outreach to producers, agencies and outside stakeholders.
• Coordinate activities and events of performer committees.
• Note taking for various meetings to include; staff meetings, committee meetings, Wages & Working Conditions meetings, and contract negotiations.
• Assists and provides support in preparation for contract negotiations.
• Functions as a liaison for individual performer group committee meetings as assigned.
• Develops and participates in training seminars for members and industry personnel.
• Performs other duties as assigned, or as the situation dictates.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO COMMERCIALS:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Represents members in Commercials, Infomercials, and Co-Ed Contracts.
• Serves on various intra-SAG-AFTRA committees.
• Oversees the work of support staff.
• Processes and approves/denies Transfer of Rights/Assumption Agreements.
• Special projects as assigned (PSA waivers, auditions, Spanish Language, Asian market, minors etc.).
• Organize and lead meetings, as well as note taking of the meetings.
• Meets with outside agencies and members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• The ability to interact with tact and diplomacy.
• Can work independently, yet remain focused on team goals.
• Experience working with Wages & Working Conditions and contract negotiation processes, including, but not limited to, set-up, coordination, knowledge maintenance, and communications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to adequately articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• High skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other PC applications.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Can work well under pressure.
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations for long periods of time and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: