Business Innovation Analyst
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
As part of the Center for Business Innovation, the Business Innovation Analyst functions as a bridge between internal and external business customers to brainstorm and develop both technical and functional solutions that innovate industry business processes supported and/or administered by the Union.
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Evaluate internal opportunities for process / technical improvements.
• Conduct business evaluation / ROI analysis.
• Develop business plans and strategy.
• Meet with internal departments to gather requirements, research and or / design solutions, and build, test, implement and train on solutions.
• Communicate functional requirements to internal IT staff and / or consultants and oversee the development of the solution when applicable.
• Develop wireframes and process flow diagrams.
• Develop formal documentation including, but not limited to project plans, schedules, requirements and test plans.
• Troubleshoot and support existing applications where necessary.
• Communicate progress to management and other interested parties.
• Assist in vendor Request for Proposal (RFP) process including documenting scope, providing selection criteria, vetting vendors and negotiating contracts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Experience with systems documentation such as Requirements, Design, and Test Plans.
• Knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and other collaboration tools required.
• Strong Experience with MS Office applications. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to organize meetings and deliver effective presentations to all levels.
• Ability to assess risks, and to provide remediation plans.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic, and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds; both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in business analysis.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Autonomy to do your job well
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -