Associate Commercials Strategist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Associate Commercials Strategist position is responsible for participating in initiatives related to strategically repositioning SAG-AFTRA’s relationship within the commercial production community, with the goal of expanding work opportunities for a contingent workforce of commercials performers. This position is essential in developing work opportunities under the Commercials Contracts for members on a national basis, as well as building and maintaining relationships within the advertising community.
• Training of staff and appropriate member leaders and activists on outreach and messaging techniques across the country.
• Creation and implementation of educational literature in coordination with Commercials Strategist and other departments as necessary.
• Develop relationships with and involve member and non-member performers in ongoing campaign activities.
• Provide campaign organizing support to small and mid-sized locals.
• Ongoing support to Commercials Strategist and National Director.
• Work as a project manager on Commercials initiatives related to strategically repositioning SAG-AFTRA’s relationship with members, non-member performers and employers.
• Travel on an as needed basis.
• Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with organizing, relationship building, campaign management, and/or organizing techniques.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Able to understand, retain and clearly articulate key messages to colleagues, members, individual producers and large groups.
• Strong research and analytical skills along with acute attention to detail
• Reasonable understanding of the advertising industry.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with strong follow-through skills.
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Experience in social work, community organizing and/or campaign management.
• Experience with collective bargaining agreements.
• Knowledge of the Commercials Contracts highly desired.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Must have a current driver license and automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meets the state minimum requirements.