Associate Business Representative
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Associate Business Representative will file claims with producers and to other parties with residuals responsibilities under the various collective bargaining agreements, provide contract information to producers, members and members' representatives. This role may enforce contracts, research and file claims, and participate in outreach and educational events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assists in researching inquiries and prepping files for claims.
• Interprets and enforces contracts.
• Files claims on behalf of all principal performers.
• Prepares claims synopses summarizing residual issues and claim history.
• Communicates with initiating claimants regarding the progress on, and ultimate resolution of, their claims; creates reasonable expectations regarding the outcome.
• Interprets and explains to members, signatory companies and third parties involved in the exploitation of SAG-AFTRA’s covered productions the residuals provisions of the SAG-AFTRA Theatrical, Television, New Media and Interactive Contracts.
• Monitors exploitation of SAG-AFTRA signatory theatrical, television and new media pictures to ensure timely payment of residuals.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience, diplomacy and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
• Must be able to type 35 WPM.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office. Familiarity with Oracle systems would be advantageous.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends, as SAG determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Labor Relations or related discipline, or 2 years' work experience gained in a business environment.
• Accounting experience a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Paralegal Certification or legal knowledge/experience for analyzing chain of title, secured party status, and determining legal privity a plus.