SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Work independently and take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of entire Theatrical Contracts department.
• General administrative duties (faxing, photocopying, typing, mailing, distributing and organizing folders).
• Answer multiple lines, screen calls and direct to appropriate staff member.
• Assists with basic rates, processes security deposit checks, processes all paperwork necessary to complete the final cast list process, and ensure that performers’ dues are current.
• Responsible for generating daily logs which are used for tracking data.
• Edit claims for preparation to be sent. Responsible for preparation, logging and sending out checks to performers.
• Assist with processing Taft-Hartley forms; ensures that Taft-Hartley reporting forms are checked for all necessary details, and enters information into Oracle.
• Maintain performer payroll log.
• Prepare and disburse film signatory documents.
• Prepare packets for monthly Low Budget Seminars.
• Organize and maintain extensive files.
• Create, input and retrieve Oracle computer data.
• Scan documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Be highly proficient in all aspects of the position with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading; typing 35 wpm minimum); database data entry.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically and tactfully.
• Work independently and as part of a team. Take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of supervisors.
• Initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate to producers, attorneys, etc.
• Highly organized and detail oriented for multi-detailed workload. Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment.
• Must be able diplomatic and discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Motivation to excel in position.
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry a plus.
• High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test