Full Time Job
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -
What You’ll Do
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the New England Local office and staff as needed. This position will perform all basic clerical and office tasks, as well as support the Executive Director and staff with administrative duties on a regular or assigned basis.
• Provides professional level administrative support to the New England Local office.
• Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, telephone reception, photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and monitoring the general e-mail inbox for the New England Local office.
• Communicates and interacts effectively with all levels of personnel, including management and support staff.
• Tracks RSVPs for member meetings and events.
• Manage office calendar.
• Coordinates accounts payable.
• Coordinates postal and shipping services.
• Responsible for maintenance, monitoring, and ordering of all office equipment, facilities, and supplies.
• Assists with membership related duties such as cast clearance processing, Taft-Hartley database input, application and dues checkoff processing.
• Supports membership and contract administration staff as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Must be highly proficient in all aspects of the position, with a track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading; database data entry.
• Must maintain consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to diplomatically communicate to producers, attorneys, etc.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to be discreet with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Integrity and Trust
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Time Management
• High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous support experience required.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Autonomy to do your job well
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans