Paid Intern - Marketing, Kings U
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Paid Intern - Marketing, Kings U (Seasonal)
Timeframe: September 2018 - May 2019. (Must be able to work at least 25 hours week)
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate to be considered.
The Marketing department at the Sacramento Kings is looking for an enthusiastic intern that is passionate about marketing and the development of high-quality work in an agency-like setting. Offering a hands-on and immersive experience, internships at the Kings are structured to provide an exceptional experience in the sports industry and provide the skills needed to jump-start your career in sports.
The Marketing department serves as a hub for the organization, working with all internal departments on projects that support Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Community Impact, the Team Store, Events and more. The Marketing Intern will provide support on these projects and work with our internal Creative Services department and external vendors to ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and at a high quality.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Work with Marketing and Creative Services to schedule, prioritize and manage projects
• Use project management tools to track requests and report on project status
• Serve as a Marketing contact with other departments to manage projects through the creative process
• Assist in ordering Marketing materials by requesting project quotes with vendors (i.e. promotional items, signage, etc.)
• Assist in the management of the department budget and tracking of purchase orders
• Organize and track promotional item inventory and assist in responding to requests and with distribution
• Contribute creative thinking and support the Marketing department on projects
• Assist with events or promotions on nights and weekends as needed
• Marketing, Advertising, Business, or related major/degree required
• Applicable experience from internships, school athletic department, or school organizations preferred
• Must have strong writing and editing ability, as well as excellent communication skills
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize within a fast-paced team environment
• Must be highly motivated, goal oriented, and a problem-solver
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to communicate and engage with internal clients, vendors, or fans with a customer first attitude
• Ability to think creatively and have fun in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you a local resident or able to relocate on your own?
• Are you able to work 25 hours a week and available for the entire term of internship?
• Are you currently enrolled in college or a recent grad?
• Why are you passionate about marketing?
• Please briefly explain why you are most qualified for this position.
• Describe an innovative marketing campaign you've seen recently and why you think it did a particularly good job.
Wage: $11.00/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.