Human Resources Manager
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
The Sacramento Kings/Golden 1 Center is looking for a detail-driven individual to join its team as an Human Resources Manager. This position reports to the Senior Director, Human Resources providing support for a wide variety of activities of human resources including staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, administration of records, the HRIS system, safety and health, employee relations, compliance and labor relations. The main responsibility of the HR Manager is to advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices, to provide information to employees about regulations and policies, and to provide general support. In general, the HR Manager performs a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
• Acts as first line of support for all inquiries regarding benefits, policies and procedures from employees.
• Administers human resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
• Compiles and distribute internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, and company policies.
• Administers and explains benefits to employees, serving as liaison between insurance carriers and employees.
• Administers and properly records all leave of absence requests from the point of intake to closure. This includes making eligibility determinations based on company policies and in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Maintains accurate employee data in the company's HRIS system including but not limited to: all new hire information, termination of employees, updating organizational structure changes, job titles, salary increases and other personnel related data.
• Compiles and formats reports and data from HRIS system as needed.
• Responsible for new employee on-boarding including: conducting New Hire Orientation, processing new hire paperwork, background checks and I-9s.
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory activities such as wage order, EEO, AAP, OSHA/Safety, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA.
• Assists with the coordination, administration and management of all aspects of labor relations related to collective bargaining unit employees to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and federal and state employment regulations.
• Reviews employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues.
• Facilitates actions to resolve the employee issues and escalating them to appropriate management team.
• Assist in the recruitment process by posting positions to appropriate job sites, composing offer letters, scheduling interviews and initiating background checks.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in a Human Resources Department, preferably with a mid-large employer.
• Bachelor's degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business is preferred.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of HRIS and database systems management is required – experience with Workday preferred.
• Proficient skill in using a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex information via simplistic approach.
• Resolute in handling confidential/sensitive information.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
• Self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with ability to come up to speed rapidly.
• Exceptional customer service focus, including attention to producing quality results with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
• Flexible to work nights, weekend and holidays, if necessary.
• Salary range is 65k – 80k which also includes access to standard company benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long term disability, and 401(k) plan participation with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Describe the HR functions that were under your leadership and control in your most recent HR role.
• Where did you find yourself investing the most time in your most recent HR role?
• What would you list as HR's most significant contributions in your most recent HR department?
• Please list all certifications you have held.
• Describe your experience managing and maintaining a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)?