Director, Special Event Sales
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: Director, Special Event Sales
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales
MANAGER: Sr. Director, Kings & Golden 1 Center Group Ticketing & Inside Sales
The Director Special of Event Sales will be responsible for generating private and corporate event revenue from sales through various outreach channels including their own network of contacts and incoming leads. Additionally, they will pro-actively assist in developing future programs that will benefit Golden 1 Center's long-term sales goals, that include transforming dark days into sold days, driving high quality attendees to the complex, and maximizing revenues. The Golden 1 Center is also focused on promoting and facilitating events and actives that generate economic benefits to the citizens of the State of California and the City of Sacramento as well as enhance the quality of life for everyone in the region. The ideal candidate willshare our vision to be the #1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world. The Director of Special Event Sales will share office space between the Kings front office and Golden 1 Center and reports to the Senior Director, Kings & Golden 1 Center Group Ticketing & Inside Sales.
Golden 1 Center & Sacramento:
Golden 1 Center sits proudly in the heart of downtown Sacramento, less than a mile from California's first thriving business district. Golden 1 Center was named Sports Facility of the Year by Sports Business Journal in 2017 and had 87 sold out concerts, events & games in the first 15 months! It's here that you'll find people from all walks of life building a community around their favorite things: Music, sports, entertainment, culture, food, and beverage. An homage to the city's legacy and a marvel of its bright future, Golden 1 Center represents everything that makes Sacramento the next Great American City. From design to sustainability to connectivity to cuisine, it's a celebration of what Sacramento does best.
As the Farm-to-Fork capital of the world, it only makes sense that Sacramento does arena food a little differently. We traded in can openers and processed foods for a 10-point charter that spells out exactly why you just might have the best meal of your life here. Together with hospitality partner Legends, we're working directly with farmers, growers, and chefs who produce the highest quality ingredients and menus so that every bite adds to the excitement of the main event. Our executive chef and restaurant partners source 90% of their ingredients from a 150-mile radius.
Essential Job Functions
• Exceed monthly and yearly revenue targets set forth by leadership
• Perform some responsibilities on day of events, including entertaining clients and fulfilling large group commitments
• Research, analyze, and innovate special event revenue generating opportunities
• Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, utilizing cloud-based sales technology tools, attending local, national and global trade shows/networking events, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the Organization's potential client database
• Monitor competition and remain knowledgeable on their price offerings, packages, service offerings and appropriately incorporate this knowledge into sales strategies and tactics
• Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations, and groups
• Prepare and provide required reports to leadership including special event revenue reports, profit and loss statements, sales recaps, and departmental projections
• Obtain feedback from clients following each special event to determine and analyze client satisfaction, Organizational performance, and event-related risks and liabilities
• Act as primary liaison between Arena Operations team including Event Booking and Event Management in order to execute events with extraordinary customer service, leading to repeat business
• Collaborate with Sr. Director and Marketing on strategies and promotional materials and concepts
• Analyze facility space availability and make sound judgments on lessee accommodation requests
• Responsible for prompt handling of inquiry calls, RFP's, client inquires and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Resourceful, innovative and forward-thinking, with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Expertise in financial analysis and planning, budgeting, and marketing
• Working knowledge and existing book of contacts of local/regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and venue rentals
• Be adept at negotiating with clients when required within the guidelines set
• Excellent self-accountability for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate technical details, deadlines and expectations
• Process-oriented, highly organized, fast/accurate, works well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet, presentation development, and word processing programs
• Ability to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends and holidays as necessary). Some travel to networking and other events may be required
• Five years or more working in hospitality/special events sales industry, or related experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Event Booking
• Existing book of Fortune 1000 corporate event planning contacts
• Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds;
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this position?
• Do you have Salesforce or Event Booking experience? If yes, please explain.