Director, Guest Experience
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
Overview: Director, Guest Experience is responsible for developing and achieving all aspects of the Guest Services business plan to support the overall business strategy of the company, including leading and directing the Guest Services Department. This position requires profound customer service skills with the objective of emphasizing a strong focus on ensuring a best-in-class guest experience at Golden 1 Center.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Continually examines existing opportunities and creates new strategies to enhance and enrich the guest experience through analysis of guest feedback and other established metrics. Provides leadership, training and guidance to executive team and department heads to minimize and/or eliminate guest friction points through effective root cause analysis and problem resolution, enabling best practice sharing.
• Identifies and implements systems, technologies and processes which allow the operations teams to track issues and effectively provide resolution. Works closely with Box Office, Security, Ticket Sales and Partnership teams on strategies to make guest services interactions frictionless.
• Leads the ELEVATE program for the Sacramento Kings, Golden 1 Center and all affiliated vendors on site.
• Leads the Mission Control effort to continually improve connecting real time data to appropriate staff to make real time informed decisions improving the guest experience.
• Measure analyze and report guest experience performance metrics from Secret Shopper program, Social Media, Guest Feedback, Employee Feedback, Aware Manager and internal inspections.
• Provides insights on key service and guest experience trends to the Leadership.
• Partners with different departments to regularly review and analyze data to generate action plans to achieve guest experience goals in different areas of training and employee performance management.
• Collaborates with leaders in evaluating progress of guest experience improvements as identified in their action plans and assist in service training needs.
• Serves as the subject matter expert on quality improvement tools and techniques in anticipation of changing guest needs within the dynamic sports and entertainment environment.
• Defines policies, procedures and best practices to advance the quality of guest service practices within the organization.
• Partners with Human Resources to develop new and analyze existing training curriculum designed to improve guest satisfaction.
• Leads Golden 1 Center's service communications through radio systems, signage, ABI.
• Manages the look and feel, wear and maintenance of the uniform program for all Sacramento Kings & Golden 1 Center employees and affiliated contractors.
• Leads and mentors the Guest Experience team to enhance their capabilities in the areas of systems, thinking and service improvement.
• Supports guest service communication through various channels in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive guest recovery resolution.
• Manages a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning process that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
• Leads the Guest Experience department inclusive of: ushers, ticket takers, elevator operators, ambassadors, mission control and EMS.
• Acts as primary contact for Americans with Disabilities Act related activities.
• Manage Regional Transit Services and Fire Department Support.
• Ensures compliance to union contracts, as well as state and federal regulations.
• Develops, reviews, and monitors department budget for efficient operation.
• Perform other job-related duties as requested.
• 5 years of large-scale event experience working in a fast-paced sports and entertainment environment.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college is preferred.
• At least five (5) years of management experience.
• At least three (3) years leading guest experience improvements.
• Ability to deliver both detail-oriented analyst and executive-level strategist.
• Strong quantitative, financial, and modeling skills, including exposure to SQL and relational databases.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and respond to complaints from customers.
• Results oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Strong customer service focus; a demonstrated commitment to catering to the customer.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be a strong leader with creative and innovative approaches to job related functions.
• Highly effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and people management skills required.
• Ability to create, analyze and interpret financial reports.
• Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?