RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a PRODUCTION MANAGER for Global Entertainment and Experiences to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global Entertainment and Experiences team and event designers in all logistical aspects of the production process. This role will act as point person for clients and vendors and will manage the operational and creative logistics needed to ensure the successful and safe installation of all productions and events.
• Ensure all technical and operational aspects of the productions and installations are thoroughly planned out, work smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
• Maintain coordination between the artistic, technical and entertainment departments within RWS as well as clients and vendors.
• Coordinate the schedules of the design and creative teams for the timely execution of the install process.
• Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers, and clients.
• Negotiate with existing vendors and consistently research opportunities for new vendor relationships
• Enforce RWS technical site safety programs to meet industry standards. (i.e. OSHA, Maritime OSHA, ETSI etc.)
• Understanding that the position may require extensive traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
• Experience in operating machinery and high reach equipment or the willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of outdoor event and large holiday installations.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
• 4+ years Experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
• Strong leadership, management skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product
• The ability to read and understand floor plans, two and three-dimensional design models, and technical drawings
• A familiar knowledge of safe theatrical and event construction and rigging practices and regulations
• Basic knowledge of all technical elements associated with lighting, sound, video production and installation
• Basic experience with power tools, ladders, lifts, and electricity
• The ability to analyze technical riders and specifications, and advise on best practices for our clients to the Technical Director
• The ability to build and manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points
• The ability to train and supervise staff and over-hire crew in preparation for builds, load-in, running, maintaining, striking, and removing/storing scenic elements of productions. Monitor the work hours, holiday hours, and vacation time of all workers within their department to ensure efficient use of human resources
• The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions
• The ability to negotiate with vendors and discover creative solutions to keep projects on target and within budget parameters
• Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, safety, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to monitor and manage multiple priorities, and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
• Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
• Comfort working in all weather conditions
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with MS Office and iWork applications
• Loyalty, passion, and integrity
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
What we bring...
• Progressive PTO
• CitiBike membership
• Commuter benefits
• Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Pet-friendly office
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with company match
• Employee Enrichment Program
• When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events
• Summer Fridays
Please submit your cover letter and resume by May 22, 2018. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online