Onsite Production Coordinator, Live Events
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking an ONSITE PRODUCTION COORDINATOR for Global Entertainment and Experiences to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global Entertainment and Experiences team and event designers in all onsite operational aspects of the production process. This role will act as point person for the install/strike teams and vendors and will manage the operational and creative logistics needed to ensure the successful and safe installation of all productions and events.
• Ensure all technical and operational aspects of the productions and installations are thoroughly planned out, work smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
• Maintain coordination between the artistic, technical and production management departments within RWS as well as clients and vendors.
• Ensure that all materials are properly inventoried and onsite for successful daily installation.
• Implement the schedules of the design and creative teams for the timely execution of the install and strike process.
• Accurately maintain daily work reports and project work flow to sustain efficient operation.
• Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
• Enforce RWS technical site safety programs to meet industry standards. (i.e. OSHA, Maritime OSHA, ETSI etc.)
• Understanding that the position may require extensive traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
• Experience in operating machinery and high reach equipment or the willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of efficient equipment operation a must.
• Willingness to constantly teach daily operations to both RWS staff and park provided labor.
• Hold daily safety meetings with a different subject every day.
• Maintain on and off-site meetings with RWS staff, client management and vendors and be the onsite point person for client interfacing.
• Knowledge of large format temporary power distribution a must.
• Willingness to work alongside your crew, in all elements, to maintain daily work flow.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of theme park rigging practices suggested.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
• 4+ years Experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
• Strong leadership, management skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product
• The ability to read and understand floorplans, two and three-dimensional design models, and technical drawings
• A familiar knowledge of safe theatrical and event construction and rigging practices and regulations
• Basic knowledge of all technical elements associated with lighting, sound, video production and installation
• Extensive experience with power tools, ladders, lifts and electricity
• The ability to analyze technical riders and specifications, and advise on best practices for our clients to the Technical Director
• The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points
• The ability to train and supervise staff and over-hire crew in preparation for builds, load-in, running, maintaining, striking, and removing/storing scenic elements of productions. Monitor the work hours, holiday hours, and vacation time of all workers within their department to ensure efficient use of human resources
• The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions
• The ability to negotiate with vendors and discover creative solutions to keep projects on target and within budget parameters
• Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, safety, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to monitor and manage multiple priorities, and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
• Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
• Comfort working in all weather conditions and continuing to keep team members motivated
• Experience with MS Office and iWork applications
• Loyalty, passion, and integrity
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
• Competitive weekly rate
• June - November 2018 start dates depending on candidate's availability
• Project completion dates vary based on location and venue. Completion dates between November 2018 - January 2019
• Multiple position openings for venues around the U.S.A.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online