Global Entertainment Coordinator
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for...
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a full-time Global Entertainment Coordinator.
About the role...
Reporting to two VPs of Global Entertainment, the Global Entertainment Coordinator will provide departmental support for a team of RWS Entertainment Group VPs, Production Director/Managers, Show Supervisors, Entertainment Directors/Managers, and Contractors.
• Maintain departmental calendar, staff documentation and daily schedules.
• Resolve operational issues through coordination with RWS Staff, contractors, clients and onboard crew.
• Coordinate materials and notes for production development and departmental meetings.
• Acts as day-to-day lead for onboarding of Casts.
• Collect HR materials from performers for onboarding. Track progress and highlight any concerns to ensure all information has been properly secured and processed.
• Assist in performer appointment scheduling in order for medical certificates to be obtained.
• Arrange, organize and distribute rehearsal, embarkation and disembarkation travel for performers, contractors, and RWS staff.
• Prepare and issue rehearsal materials to performers.
• Assist in adjusting rehearsal schedules and install plans with Production Director/Managers.
• Update training handbooks, materials, and signage.
• Vet, negotiate, contract, and maintain performer housing as needed.
• Facilitate and enforce policies/procedures for performer housing.
• Assist in managing client invoicing.
• Work with RWS Casting Department on placement of cast members in performer rehearsal housing.
• Oversee regular performer housing inspection.
• Provide, as needed, land support to Production Director/Managers during cruise line cast changeovers at sea.
• Train and oversee task management for Assistant Global Entertainment Coordinator and Cruise Line Interns.
• Research and book travel for VPs of Global Entertainment as needed.
• Assist in creative meetings by sharing thoughts and taking detailed notes.
• Create Keynote presentations as needed.
• Assist in proofreading/editing of scripts as needed.
• Provide RWS orientations to new performers being onboarded.
• Submit invoices, expense reports, and reimbursements for staff travel.
• Create performer time sheets.
• Facilitate and manage post-production process including cast surveys, secret shoppers, staff notes, and actionable follow-ups.
• Provide assistance in ship-outs and deliveries, as needed.
• Create and maintain Global Entertainment Department SOPs.
• Administrative tasks across the Global Entertainment divisions.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
• Experience in entertainment operations, management, or logistics preferred
• Experience with live show entertainment (Cruise Ship Production and Theme/Amusement Park
experience preferred, but not mandatory)
• Logistically and creative minded
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications on Apple based hardware
• Knowledge of governmental visa procedures a plus
• The ideal candidate will be outgoing, great with people, and show outstanding attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• A flexible schedule allowing for travel as needed
What we bring...
• Flexible PTO plan
• Health benefits
• Commuter benefits
• Professional development stipend
• Pet-friendly office
• Happy hours
• Gym discount
• Employee Enrichment activities
• Full-time salary position
• Immediate hire based on availability of candidate
Job Code: RWS GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT COORDINATOR
Please submit your cover letter and resume by April 17, 2018. Please include: RWS GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT COORDINATOR in the email subject line. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online