RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard- working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for...
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking an Experiences Coordinator to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role...
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global Entertainment and Experiences team and event designers in all logistical aspects of the production process. This role will act as point person for Production Managers and vendors and will assist with operational and creative logistics needed to ensure the successful and safe installation of all productions and events.
• Create Auto CAD/ Vectorworks drawings based on site surveys of a client's venue.
• Be present for site surveys of venues and assist with any recording and documentation needed.
• Assist with technical and operational aspects of the productions and installations by working with the RWS Production Manager and Technical Director teams.
• Coordinate the schedules of the design and creative teams for the timely execution of the install process.
• Timely Client and Contractor correspondence as needed.
• General department organization, file maintenance and data entry.
• Oversee and assist with product shipping and receiving.
• Assist with managing projects effectively within a given budget.
• Expense report processing.
• Departmental calendar organization & meeting invitation coordination.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
• Understanding that the position may require traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
• 4-year degree in Scenic Design or comparable specialty
• Ability to draft floorplans, and technical drawings via AUTO
• Experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
• Strong leadership skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product
• Knowledge of technical elements associated with lighting, sound, video production and installation
• The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points
• Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast- paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
• Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
• Comfort working in all weather conditions, as needed
• Experience with MS Office and iWork applications
• Advanced knowledge in the following applications: Google Sketchup and Vectorworks
• Loyalty, passion, and integrity
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
What we bring...
• Progressive PTO
• CitiBike membership
• Commuter benefits
• Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Pet-friendly office
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with company match
• Employee Enrichment Program
• When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway
shows and industry events
• Summer Fridays
Please submit your cover letter and resume to careers @rwsnyc.com by May 25, 2018. Please include: EXPERIENCES COORDINATOR in the email subject line. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online