Associate Technical Director
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for... RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking an ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR for Global Entertainment and Experiences to join their team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role... The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global Entertainment and Experiences team including in-house scenic and event designers in all technical aspects of the production process. This role is part administrative and part hands-on and will act as point person for scenic shops and other vendors and will manage the details needed to ensure the successful and safe installation of all productions and events.
• Ensure all technical aspects of the production work smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
• Coordination between the artistic, technical and production management departments within RWS as well as clients and vendors.
• Maintain a knowledge of general contracting and electrical standards for temporary and permanent installations.
• Coordinate the schedules of the design and creative teams for the timely execution of the install process.
• Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
• Development and implementation of RWS technical site safety programs and certifications to meet industry standards. (i.e. OSHA, Maritime OSHA, ETSI etc.)
• Understanding that the position may require extensive travel with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
• Experience in operating machinery and high reach equipment.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
• 4+ years experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
• The ability to create floorplans, two and three-dimensional design models, and technical drawings
• An extensive knowledge of safe theatrical and event construction and rigging practices and regulations
• Knowledge of all technical elements associated with lighting and video production and installation
• Expertise with power tools, ladders, lifts and electricity
• The ability to analyze technical riders and specifications, and advise on best practices for our clients
• The ability to build and manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points
• The ability to train and supervise staff and over-hire crew in preparation for builds, load-in, running, maintaining, striking, and removing/storing scenic elements of productions. Monitor the work hours, holiday hours, and vacation time of all workers within their department to ensure efficient use of human resources.
• The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions
• The ability to negotiate with vendors and discover creative solutions to keep projects on target and within budget parameters
• Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, safety, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to monitor and manage multiple priorities, and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
• Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and iWork applications
• Advanced knowledge in the following applications: Google Sketchup, and Vectorworks
• Loyalty, passion, and integrity
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
• Competitive salary, benefits, progressive PTO plan, employee enrichment program and retirement plan
• April 2018 start date
Please submit your cover letter and resume by March 26, 2018. Please include: ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR in the email subject line. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online