Associate Director of Design, Experiences
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
Who we're looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking an Associate Director of Design, Experiences to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
Reporting to the Creative Director, Design & Experiences, the ideal candidate will be responsible for themed experience event and décor design within the growing design department. The Associate Director of Design, Experiences will act as point person for scenic shops and other vendors and will manage the details needed to ensure the success of events from conception through execution.
- Design scenery, commercial lighting placement, props and décor for immersive themed-experience productions and commercial events as assigned.
- Ability to conceptualize and create detailed illustrations to depict all visual aspects of theatrical and live event production, including mood boards, concept sketches, renderings, final illustrations, floorplans, site plans, and any documentation needed to convey design, construction details, required materials, and surfaces.
- Liaise with other designers, scriptwriters, creatives, directors, and clients to research, brainstorm concepts, select products to be implemented, and bring their creative vision to the page.
- Digest creative briefs, assess client and internal needs, develop rough visuals or mood boards, draw, sketch, use photographic and computer skills to produce illustrations, logos, and graphics.
- Develop visual concepts while ensuring deliverables remain within budgetary guidelines, as per allocated days, supplies, and materials.
- Be present for site surveys of venues and assist with any recording and documentation needed to produce illustrations and drafting of a client's venues, interior and exterior.
- Convert designs into CAD drafting for scene shop bids and builds as necessary.
- Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers and clients.
- Continuously remain on the cutting edge of design practices.
- Understand that the position may require extensive traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- At minimum, a BFA/BA degree in Themed-Entertainment Design, Theatrical Design or 5 years of comparable professional experience
- Expertise in the themed-experience, entertainment, and live event production industries
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated experience in how storytelling, design and guest management combine to create a truly memorable experience
- Advanced artistic and technical abilities including, but not limited to: hand drawing, sketching, painting, digital art, graphic design, rendering for presentations, two and three-dimensional design modeling, technical drawing, and the creation of presentation decks
- The ability to develop conceptual design themes, cohesive mood boards, and mock ups to communicate ideas with the appropriate direction
- The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to monitor and manage multiple priorities, and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
- Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and iWork applications
- Proficiency in the following applications: Adobe CC 2019 programs (Photoshop and Illustrator required), Sketchup (preferred) or Revit, and Vectorworks (preferred) or AutoCAD
- Loyalty, passion, and integrity
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
What we bring…
- Progressive PTO
- CitiBike membership
- Commuter benefits
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet-friendly office
- Paid parental leave
- 401k with company match
- Employee Enrichment Program
- When available, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events
- Summer Fridays
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online