Rooftop FilmsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Rooftop Films Seeks Full-Time Technical Manager
The Technical Manager plays a key role in the operations of Rooftop Films Summer Series, Rentals Department, and year round programs. This is a manager level position that includes planning and oversight for the technical needs of 40+ Summer Series screenings and hundreds of additional outdoor film events each summer, cultivating and maintaining rental clients, overseeing department budgets, and supervision of full time and seasonal employees.
The Technical Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director and technical staff with festival and rental tasks. This is a full-time, year-round position with a minimum of a one-year commitment. Hours include regular office work hours Monday - Friday and some evening/weekend work.
Start Date: March 2019
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the Rentals and Technical Department budgets to meet income goals, track expenses, and prepare bi-weekly budget reports
• Develop the Technical department's long and short-term strategy in collaboration with the Directors
• Direct supervisor for year-round Technical Coordinator and 30+ seasonal staff of AV Technicians and Production Assistants, including hiring, scheduling, training, and payroll
• Management of upper-level rental and consulting clients, including outreach, contract negotiation and invoicing, scheduling of events, and overseeing event execution
• Oversee technical planning and strategy for the Rooftop Films Summer Series
• Develop innovative exhibition strategies for dozens of film outdoor film premieres each summer
We seek someone who is motivated, energetic and committed, with strong office and management skills. Applicants should have a willingness to lead and inspire a staff, and eagerness to be part of Rooftop Films' future. Ideal candidates have some experience managing a technical staff, flexibility, and the ability to work as a supervisor while also working collaboratively with internal staff and external constituencies at all levels.
Additionally, candidates should possess:
• Fundamental understanding of audio and video technology; specifically projectors, live audio, playback devices, and software
• Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, project management, writing, math, and clerical skills
• Ability to thrive in a small team environment, to take responsibility and to meet tight deadlines
• Possess flexibility and the ability to learn quickly, with a proactive attitude
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel is required.
• Experience with QuickBooks software or similar budgeting software is a plus, but not required
• Understanding of and dedication to our mission.
Rooftop Films is a non-profit film festival based in Brooklyn, New York. Our mission is to engage and inspire diverse communities by showing movies in outdoor locations, producing new films, and renting equipment at low-cost to artists and non-profits. Founded in 1997, Rooftop Films is a grassroots group that has grown into one of New York's leading film organizations.
Job Code: Technical Manager
We recommend you look over our website to thoroughly learn about our organization. Then send a resume, cover letter, and a minimum of three references to:
Kate Gellene, Operations Manager
Please note the position in the subject line. Applications must be received by March 1, 2019
NO PHONE CALLS OR FOLLOW UP EMAILS PLEASE.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email. Not all applicants will receive interviews.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online