Rooftop FilmsBrooklyn, NY
Part Time Job
Founded in 1997, Rooftop Films is an innovative grassroots non-profit film festival and production collective based in Brooklyn, NY. Rooftop has grown to become one of NYC's leading film organizations serving over 48,000 audience members. Our mission is to engage and inspire diverse communities by showing movies in outdoor locations, creating innovative events, and renting equipment at low-cost to artists and non-profits. The Rooftop Films Summer Series runs every weekend, May - August, presenting 50 shows at over 19 different outdoor locations in NYC.
Production Assistants transport, install, operate, and troubleshoot audio, visual, and lighting equipment for Rooftop Films' Summer Series outdoor screenings. Under the supervision of our AV technicians, PAs aid in the assembly of our outdoor AV exhibition systems and are primarily responsible for the transportation and setup of equipment, including our outdoor movie screens.
Production Assistants meet at our offices in Gowanus, Brooklyn for load-out and transportation of equipment to the site for setup or arrive on-site to work through the run of show, concluding with load-in at the end of the night. Because we screen in all 5 boroughs and occasionally out-of-state PAs should be prepared for a variety of work environments.
Technicians can expect to work between 25 and 40 hours per week from mid-May through August, and excellent technicians may have the opportunity to work through the winter.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pulling and packing equipment from our shop into vehicles.
- Transportation of equipment to venue.
- Assist Lead Technician, Audio Engineer and Projectionist with the staging and setup of A/V equipment.
- Assembly and disassembly of fast-fold and inflatable screens
- Recovery and organization of equipment at end of night
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record, as well as a willingness to drive cargo vans, 16', and 21' box trucks.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 lbs.
- Comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Familiarity with professional audio/visual technology and equipment a plus. This includes digital projection, analog and digital video signal routing, inflatable and folding projection screens, and sound reinforcement.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and remain flexible under pressure.
- Willingness to play a fluid role as part of a small, tight-knit team, balancing professionalism and a great sense of humor.
Job Code: PA Application
NO PHONE CALLS OR FOLLOW UP EMAILS PLEASE.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online