Multimedia / UX Designer
Rolling StoneNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Rolling Stone has been at the forefront of politics, culture, and music journalism for five decades. The publication defined trends in pop music, developed new forms of coverage and platformed some of the most influential storytellers in history. Now, Rolling Stone is looking for a digital native with a range of sensibilities who can help guide the publication through a new era. Digital has never been more expansive and exciting than the present, ranging from new methodologies to developing sites, emerging technologies that are changing the way we generate and build narratives, and social applications that present new opportunities for engagement. The ideal candidate is a surveyor of these modern trends and can quickly adapt their approach to fit the brand's needs. This person has a deep understanding of user experience design, and can develop graphic systems that extend to every touchpoint. They have a proven ability to set baseline goals for a project — and see where a team can be ambitious. They have extensive knowledge of the digital landscape, and above all, this person is a collaborator who understands teamwork and is excellent at time and project management.
• Build and design digital editorial packages for the Rolling Stone website and its many social channels.
• Manage digital projects and work with art directors to execute the production of those projects.
• Work as a connecting link between the art department and the engineering/development teams to ensure the timely completion of projects
• Enhance design standards, documentation, and processes alongside our creative and digital director to further our digital design practices and systems
• Collaborate closely with edit teams to deliver innovative user experiences
• Track and maintain updates on all digital systems with production teams
• 3 years of expertise in developing interactive systems with a preference for UX design
• Strong visual skills with a precise grasp of typography, layout, color, and motion
• Experience with and a preference for working collaboratively
• The ability to document digital trends and deliver modern solutions backed by an understanding of user research and data
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Google tools, including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, XD, Docs, Sheets, Analytic tracking tools
• Ability to meet deadlines and adapt in an unpredictable news environment
• Technical creativity, curiosity, and versatility
Typical wage range: $65k - $80k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
About Penske Media Corporation??
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com .