Revolt Media & TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
REVOLT Media & TV, LLC is looking for an experienced entertainment attorney to partner with the creative development and business teams in our LA offices as Production Counsel in the Business & Legal Affairs department. We are looking for a self-motivated, business-minded attorney to grow with our cable television and digital network. This position reports to the General Counsel of REVOLT.
What You'll be Doing:
• Support REVOLT's creative development and business teams to structure, negotiate and draft a wide variety of domestic and international agreements, primarily focused on talent, distribution, financing and other related deals.
• Provide practical advice and solutions to internal business partners on all legal matters affecting REVOLT.
• Thrive in new and developing areas of the law, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk assessment.
• Be willing to tackle matters in and outside area of expertise with a can-do attitude; understanding that no job is too big or too small is critical to this role.
Who You Are:
• Up to 3 years of entertainment and transactional experience, including direct experience negotiating and drafting talent, film financing, content acquisition and distribution and other video, television and film deal;
• practical knowledge of the digital and TV industries required.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues relating to production contracts, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Experience advising creative development, distribution and/or business development teams with respect to California, U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with labor, talent, digital distribution, production and intellectual property is highly desired.
• Experience working in-house or providing in-house support for an entertainment, film, television or production company preferred.
• JD and a Member of the California Bar.