Sr. Account Executive - B2B Sponsorships
Full Time Job
Sr. Account Executive - B2B Digital & Experiential Sponsorships
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP ACTIVATE is a specialized unit within ReedPOP that conceptualizes, monetizes and creates branded event experiences and original content that resonates on a global level while also delivering authentic engagement with our passionate fans and attendees. The ReedPOP ACTIVATE group has established itself as an industry leader in B2C event strategy, activation development and media planning working with high profiles clients including; General Motors, AT&T, DirecTV, Amazon, Samsung, UNIQLO, Sony, HP, PEPSI, Monster Energy and many more. This is an opportunity to take the highly successful blueprint of ReedPOP ACTIVATE's B2C sponsorship activation model and apply it to the world of B2B. This role is focused on developing an event sponsorship program that will span across Reed Exhibitions highly influential B2B trade events. The Senior Account Executive will primarily focus on the acquisition of new customers to monetize specific trade events through sponsorship, while creating better experiences for attendees. This role is very entrepreneurial in nature and is attached to one of the fastest growing segments of our business. What could be cooler than that?
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
This role will work closely with the ReedPOP ACTIVATE Vice President to develop B2B focused activations and partnership opportunities. This position is a highly entrepreneurial role requiring flexibility, creativity, innovation and a nothing will stop me sprit
• The ReedPOP ACTIVATE team has extensive experience in developing comprehensive sponsorship and activation packages for consumer events. This role will take ReedPOP's best practices and apply them to our B2B portfolio of over 30 leading industry trade events
• Must be a self-starter, with an ability to think creatively, innovate and shift on a moment's notice.
• As a brand new role to the company, this position will require a hands on approach at all levels of the sales cycle from strategy, sales package development to cold calling and pitches. You will use the resources and support systems in place at ReedPOP to build a new B2B focused business
• Ability to understand and sell multiple products across multiple events
• Be innovative in your approach and always thinking about what will authentically appeal to the audience while also delivering the results that your clients are looking for
• Ability to effectively sell and present face to face with all levels of prospects from coordinator up to C level
• Proactively monitor the latest industry trends, competitive environment, sponsorship climate, the big players and main issues in order to make educated recommendations regarding our sales strategy for specific B2B events
• Ability to manage a sales pipeline, effectively manage up and across the internal organization and aggressively close business
• Have an ownership mentality and operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
• Have an understanding of how the new media landscape unlocks unique digital and experiential opportunities for businesses
• Identify and grow new opportunities within your territory and collaborate with the show teams as well as the ReedPOP ACTIVATE team to ensure and cultivate new growth
• Must maintain an eye for detail on all activations big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines and drive awareness
• Approximately 50% inside / 50% outside sales
• Own projects (inclusive of relationships, budgets, delegating tasks, and more) from end to end
• College degree in a relevant field or equivalent business training or experience
• 5 years of prior B2B sales experience preferred
• Experience in sponsorship and/or media sales in the entertainment, sports, technology, events or pop culture industries required
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use consumer insights, syndicated information, and other metrics to build business cases and analysis around sponsorship opportunities and ROI evaluation
• Ability to use statistics, sales data, qualitative/quantitative results, and other hard measurable data to influence key decision makers
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in delivering client-focused solutions that will resonate with core audiences
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all organizational levels including executive and C-level
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our clients and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year