ReedPOPRichmond Upon Thames, UK
Full Time Job
Operations Manager (Based in UK, Richmond, Greater London)
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Head of Operations
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries and it employs approximately 30,000 people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to manage the operational delivery of multiple events each year in UK and overseas.
We want individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at themselves, the willingness to ask for help when they are over their heads, and the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines, and demanding partners.
Working with the show teams, the Operations Manager business partners with the show teams to provide all on site-related activity and infrastructures ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, customer satisfaction, achievement of deadlines, compliance with Health & Safety regulations and full budget control.
As part of the UK based Operations team, you will also have the opportunity to work on and support other events managed from the UK business as well as the ReedPop events.
Based in Richmond with the RX UK Operations team you will be an excellent multi-tasker with a good project management and strong interpersonal skills.
This position will involve the following main responsibilities:
• Liaison with exhibitors, contractors, venue staff and RX UK teams on all aspects of on-site activity.
• Overseeing the organisation of manuals and relevant documentation.
• Working with the ED to ensure that all H & S regulations are complied with.
• Approving stand designs and overseeing floor plan layouts ensuring the best yield.
• Working at UK and overseas venues. There is a considerable amount of travel involved for both site visits and organising the exhibitions
This position requires a focused, enthusiastic and confident professional who can demonstrate:
• Experience of Operations Management within the exhibition industry, preferably B2C
• Good relationship building and interpersonal skills especially with regard to other cultures
• Project Management
• Experience of having direct reports
• IOSH Managing Safety Certificate
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please email a written applications plus a covering letter and your salary expectations. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV'S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.