Full Time Job
ABOUT CENTRAL MARKETING:
Our Central Marketing team is a highly collaborative group that supports all the US trade shows and events by creating and executing on all marketing plans.. We are a group-based department, structured to promote growth. Work here is fast-paced and dynamic. Changing priorities require agility, flexibility and the ability to stay calm under pressure. We share our work, celebrate our successes and learn from our experiences. The bonds forged here help us grow not only our careers, but deep and lasting friendships.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing marketing campaigns in the Central Marketing Team for various tradeshows within the US. This person will manage attendee and exhibitor marketing projects such as print and web ads, direct mail pieces, e-media projects such as emails & website content, sales sheets, special events projects & social media strategizing & execution. The Marketing Manager will work to achieve strong brand knowledge and mastery in all marketing disciplines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understands customer needs and contributes relevant, actionable best practices around those needs
• Understands the brand, market position, and use of value proposition and their importance to the overall business plan
• Can develop a contact plan independently; identifies need for differentiation and opportunities for multi-channel marketing outreach
• Contributes to strategic planning documents (including agency briefs, budget planning & business plans) with Marketing Directors
• Flawless delivery of all marketing plan components & deliverables; ownership of projects
• Manage and effectively interact with multiple event and core team contacts; works independently to complete projects; understands how to use resources to deliver results
• Utilizes database marketing tactics, marketing analytics and research insights; applies these tools to make adjustments to the campaign for a positive result in attendance growth or cost management
• Leads and implements new marketing initiatives across teams with best practice sharing and implementation
• Contributes to budget development and recommendations around reallocation of marketing dollars when necessary
• Communicates effectively with internal/external clients, represents brand well
• Proactively keeps Marketing Director informed of project status and deliverables
• Communicates effectively with internal and external clients; represents brand well
• Provides daily support to Marketing Associates and demonstrates adaptability and strong leadership skills working the Associates
• Provides clear direction and delegates appropriately and effectively
• Motivates others and leads by example
• Proactively works with MAs to develop solutions to business needs and challenges
• Provides feedback to MAs and plays a role in the ongoing evaluation process
• Planning, organizing and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills to understand and present marketing ideas
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Works and communicates effectively with MAs, MDS and Senior Management
• Communicates effectively with internal/external clients; represents brand well
• Demonstrates ability to lead a team through special projects and or show initiatives
• Recognizes others strengths and can leverage them to deliver success
• Collaborative, team player who works well in a team and across departments
• Proficient in Adobe Suite design programs
• Undergraduate degree
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reed Exhibition Companies reserves the right, solely at their discretion, to change the nature and level of this position.
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
WHO WE ARE:
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we're helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put we before me and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we'd like to meet you!