Lead Software Engineer - Data Products
Full Time Job
We're establishing a new team to develop capabilities to support maximising value to customers making connections at show. The current ecosystem is complex with a wide variety of tools, languages and experiences across both web and mobile in use. We're seeking to simplify, bring the best of these tools and technologies together into a single global toolset, so that we can focus our efforts on creating customer value. There is a wide range of potential future capabilities which are being considered to integrate, once the new core platform is established. Do you have the Depth and Breadth of knowledge and confidence to lead from the front?
WHAT YOU CAN DO AS A LEAD ENGINEER AT REED EXHIBITIONS
To technically lead a highly motivated, passionate, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic and distributed cross-functional team. You will draw on your past experience, being highly competent with design principles, issues of scale & security, competence in CI/CD, with a wide range of COTS and OSS tools and products.
Partner closely with the Product Owner, Data Lead and work collaboratively with other teams to plan and develop new business capabilities, which adhere to standards, are fault tolerant, scalable, robust and easy to support. You will be hands-on designing and creating backend and mobile components, applications and algorithms. Market and ecosystem analysis, providing options and making recommendations for Build vs Buy. Support your team members and mentor more junior team members. You will champion agile practices and Continuous Delivery and actively participate in the development community. Also:
• Develop React Native applications
• Develop build pipelines for backend and mobile with tools such as Bamboo and Fastlane
• Develop REST and GraphQL APIs
• Build on AWS infrastructure with Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancers, DNS...
• Build data platforms and the ecosystem for supporting streaming data, data science and intelligence
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
You will be passionate and have expert knowledge in software development practices and principles. Will have lead cross-functional delivery teams previously. To be successful you will need to be:
• Able and enjoy solving problems, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results
• Able to use a depth and breadth of experience to support technical issues within the team
• Skilled in Backend, Frontend, Mobile development, with an eye for detail
• A people person; must be highly communicative, open, a team player and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives
• Knowledgeable, confident, collaborative and customer focused with respect to Agile Delivery
• A skilled negotiator obtaining buy–in from, and resolving conflict with various stakeholders
• Forward thinking and constantly looking for ways to improve with expert development skills
• Proven experience of leading a cross-functional team in an agile environment practicing XP methodology with strong exposure to Scrum or Lean, DevOps & CALMS cultures, requirement elicitation workshops, architecting solutions and the end-to-end lifecycle
• Full Stack Developer background confident to develop multiple application tiers (UI to backend to infrastructure) with a proven track record of developing loosely coupled solutions (SOLID Principles, TDD, Pair Programming, BDD) that are secure, scalable, fault tolerant, robust and reliable
• Software performance optimization and knowledgeable of concurrent programming concerns
• Microservices, Domain Modelling, Domain Driven Design, Event Driven Architectures and developing high transactional services at scale
• Software testing processes including automated test scripts and the successful delivery of UAT
• At ease with troubleshooting in complex environments through monitoring and logging tools
• Cloud and network aware with strong AWS experience
• Demonstrable skills in maintaining and improving CI/CD processes, build and deployment tools
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America